Sep 3, 2009

A Different World indeed.

Good Day, Ladies and Gentlemen of the Internet.

It seems as though I see some of the most craziest things when I walk the streets of Philadelphia. But I'm sure that the craziest things don't happen just in Philly. It happens everywhere. All you have to do is read the news for that. Today, though, I just had to share my craziness that I saw with all of you.

As I was waiting for the bus, iPod in hand and in ears, I was just watching the passers by and waiting for the bus to arrive. The Bus arrives, I pay my fair, take my seat. A couple stops after me, This guy gets on the bus with his sunglasses on. I just happened to look over, he pulls out his cell phone and he flips up his glasses to see the number. The only thing was, he didn't flip the SET over his head. That's right, Ladies and Gentlemen. He was wearing a pair of THESE.




Now, the last time I've seen a pair of those was on an episode of "A Different World". I remember the years when I owned a pair of those in my younger years. I lost them at the circus but you couldn't TELL me I wasn't stylin'. Come to think of it, I think that's WHY folks used to call me Dwayne Wayne shit we share the first name. *SMDH*. But I NEVER thought I'd see a pair of these in the year 2009. I guess old styles really IS comin' back.